The car rental industry has gone through some significant changes since 1906, and now it’s coming to a head with new services like “On Demand Car”. Traditional car rental companies have been around for decades, while this unique company is just starting. The most important takeaway from all of these transformations in the automotive industry may be that there are more options than ever before when looking into renting a vehicle – so why not try something different?
Disadvantages of Traditional Car Rental:
- No Doorstep delivery: Renting a car from a traditional car rental agency typically requires you to reserve your rental car online or by phone at a specific location. You’re then required to make your way to the car rental location by getting a ride from a friend or family or have to take public transportation or pay for a rideshare or taxi to get there.
- Longer Waiting period: You may have to wait in line to get the class of car you initially reserved, hopefully.
- Unavailability of Fleet: Traditional car rental agencies usually face difficulties with accurate fleet availability and allocation of suitable vehicles for their reservations.
- Unsatisfactory Customer Support: Not all, but some traditional car rental agencies just want to rent you a car, so the level of the service you get is not as satisfying as you deserve. For example, the vehicle you booked may have high mileage.
- Unhygienic Vehicle: The interior and exterior of the car are not as clean as they should be because the previous customer just dropped it off before you pick it up, or they just don’t care enough to have a spotless rental car ready for you.
- Long paperwork: Even though the process of generating the rental agreement is done via rental software nowadays, the rental agreement itself along with other forms are usually signed on paper.
- Upselling: Most car rental agencies try to get you to book a car at competitive rates, but when you arrive at the counter, they go above and beyond to upsell you extras that are not always mandatory. This gets frustrating for customers and adds to the time it takes for the customer to get behind the wheel of the rental car and drive.
- Inspection process: Once it comes to inspecting the rental vehicle, it’s usually done on a paper inspection sheet with the agent’s handwritten notes. This practice usually leads to missing damages which you may end up being responsible for at the time of returning the rental vehicle.
Traditional car rental options may seem more affordable at first, but when you consider the entire time and effort you need to spend to get driving and once done with the car, getting back to your doorstep adds up on total cost.
Why Choose On Demand Car Rental?
Technology is continuously changing the way we live, work, and play, and in most cases, it’s for the better. The folks at On Demand Car worked hard for many years to figure out the perfect way of renting cars. To make the car rental experience more pleasant and efficient for customers, they decided to build a technology that makes the vehicles available where customers are, not the other way around.
- Proximity, convenience, reliability, and transparent pricing are the core functions of On Demand Car.
- Efficient and streamlined car rental process
- Faster rental process with less friction. Autonomous cars are not yet ready, and cars don’t fly but On Demand Car is the only option for customers to fly through the rental experience.
- It would be best if you interacted with a car rental provider on your terms. This means eliminating lineups, lengthy paperwork, the need to call the company, or even having to go to a specific location to pick up your rental car.
- On Demand Car gives you better access to customer support.
- On Demand Car’s technological innovation offers you the fastest rental experience in the world since all you have to do is use the mobile app and have the car rental come to you and collected from you when you’re done.
- On Demand Car gives you better access to customer support. Using the mobile app, you can communicate with their help center 24/7. You can seamlessly extend your rental without the need to talk to anyone. Since time equals money, saving time is as essential as saving money.
- On Demand Car also has structured the best price tiers for customers with customized options based on their exact needs.